Monday, February 2, 2009

A Sad Sad Day ...

Today I am enrolling my babies back in school.
A heart wrenching decision that has left me sitting up til 4am this morning crying and missing my babies before they are gone. For awhile I have thought that they are missing something being with me and I have wondered if I am just plain selfish keeping them home.
There are a few things like Declan being a crap speller and Dana not being a FAB reader that led to this decision too. I thought maybe I can't give them everything they need because they are ALL so young and needy right now. Perhaps if there was a bigger gap in their years? I haven't closed the door on Homeschooling .. I may have one or two that want to come back ?? We are treating this as a trial ... I was going to try to send them back to the school that they attended a couple of years ago - the Catholic school that my father and I went too ... but they couldn't fit us right away and I had to make a decision then to wait or get them into a school that could get them in straight away - I didn't want to have them starting TOO much after the rest of the school.
I know that they are going to enjoy it - and I am hoping that after having them home for two years we will all have a better appreciation of each other... I just know that i am gonna miss the hell outta them. I tried to convince Bonnie-May to stay home with me and do Kinder and go to school next year - but she is keen to fly the nest with the rest of them.
So today we are enrolling in the local Public school that actually seems quite good and will cater for all their strengths and weaknesses. Today we are getting uniforms (the one MAJOR downside ... they are BROWN .... ewwwww!) shoes, bags, lunch boxes etc etc etc etc and haircuts for my fluffy haired boys.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers .... I think the kids will adapt Fabulously - I am the sooky la la of the family!
On the scrapping side of things - I have done HEAPS ! And taken pics - I just have not uploaded! I even had my cards ready for ClickNScrap days before they were due - I just didn't get them uploaded. Hoping to get all my scrap creations up later today (another factor was my batteries in the camera died so I have been charging them!) I will need to do something crafty to keep my mind off things ....
Hope you all have a great day - chat soon !! xo

7 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Ness,

Wow I think your a total supermom for having homeschooled them for so long, don't get down on yourself you have done a wonderful job on schooling them....
I hope you all adapt to the new situation big hugs to you, hope you all settle well into this new change....
Can't wait to see your new scrapping layouts, so hurry up and upload them lol...

Toni said...

I felt terrible when I had to take my kids out of private schools and put them into the public system... so big hugs. We all know you want to do the best by your kids, and you can always go back to home-schooling,if necessary.

Bug hugs today

Julie said...

Think positive .... i'm sure the kiddies will lookl back with great memories of the time spent at home with you and also embrace the new environment of school and meeting lots of new friends.
Keep smiling .. it'll be ok!
Looking forward to seeing your latest creations!

Unknown said...

A very tough and brave choice Ness, kids are very resilient and I'm sure they will adapt to the change.
Aga xx

Linda Eggleton said...

Thinking of you today, Ness!
You have done an amazing job homeschooling your kiddos....not many people would even attempt to homeschool, including me! So good on you for giving it a go.

I know you're going to miss your babies, but you will get used to them going off to school each morning...and it will make you appreciate weekends & time spent together, even more. PLUS...you'll get lots more YOU time!!! YAY

Hope today goes smoothly for both you & the kids....chin up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ness, thinking of you missing your little angels and looking forward to all the stories will you will no doubt be posting in the future about their new adventures. Love those layouts in your previous post, Tiff :o)

Mal said...

just wanted to write an ask how you were going after a few weeks with the kids now at school? have thought of you over the last few weeks....and reread your post today and teared up....hope you are going ok!