UGH ! Jumped on the scales for the first time this year and there was neither sadness or joy ... I haven't LOST anything since I last weighed in BUT I did NOT add any extra 'Christmas' kilos !! Now - this is REALLY hard for me to type ... I have been struggling with my weight for a long time and I have had good years and bad years ... but my 'heaviest' weight always seems to get heavier every time I regain weight.... and I don't think I can use the 'pregnancy weight' thing now that my BABY is 3 years old !! (and I was actually 14 kilos lighter after having baby)
So this year ... 2009 ... I am turning my life around for GOOD and I am hoping that by being truthful and honest here on my blog for all to read that I might have the strength and support to actually finish the job. I don't want to be a stick model and at the moment I will be happy to lose 25 kilos (although according to the healthy weight scale I need to lose about 40) but 40 sounds so far away! So right now I want my MAIN goal to be 25 kilos and my mini goals 5 kilos at a time !!
OK ... so here it is ... my official weigh in for the 7th of January 2009 is 98.8 kilos .... ouch ... but mid last year I was at 103 (shame shame) - I have been very obsessive about jumping on the scales every ten minutes so I am thinking I will only weigh in every fortnight. I would like to say month BUT I don't know how motivating that would be. I am NOT dieting though .... I need to move more and eat better .... I binge on diets so I am CHANGING habits ... and that's it!
Now if I can only find the courage to hit ... 'publish post'
Okay ... here goes ... wish me luck !
xoxo
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The Start of Something New ...
Posted by Ness at 1:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Hey Ness....Good for you for pushing that "publish post" button...you're now on your way to reaching your goal!...sending you good vibes to help you along the way! Best of luck with it all...
Hi Ness, I have struggled with diets too and the most effective tip I can give is to eat protein wherever possible, I swear you won't feel the need to snack after, in fact yesterday my husband asked if I wanted something to eat and I said I didn't feel hungary and couldn't work out why and then I remembered I had eaten some left over spagetti bol first thing, it really works - truly. Boiled eggs from the fridge are great if you are time poor. Don't worry about the scales so much as they can be off putting and fluid gets in the way, concentrate on how your clothes fit, sometinmes that's much more encouraging (sorry didn't mean this to be a diet lesson LOL!!!), wishing you the best of luck sweet friend, till next time, Tiff :o)
Ness, you amazing woman you! How brave you are! (not for putting your weight up on here, but for facing your embarrassment)
I'm going to have my fingers crossed for you hon, and can you hear that screechy voice in the crowd? that's me cheering!!
GO NESS!!
Hi Ness,
Good on you girl you can do this, you took that dreaded first step and pushed the button how amazing is that....
Sending some motivation your way....
Maria
Also wanted to say congrats for taking the first step Ness - and wishing you the best of luck in achieving your goals!!
Love the new look btw :)
Aga xx
Post a Comment