Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Great Stuff!

Declan is coming along in leaps and bounds with his reading! I am so proud of him ... for so long he has seemed to lag in this area - but the program I am doing with him - he is taking to really well and is starting to fly through the exercises! Hopefully he will soon be walking around with his nose in a book like his mother used to as a kid!
Brady never ceases to amaze me! He is over halfway through his year 1 Math book (in regular school he would have started Kindy this year) and just as I think to myself - I better slack off on the Math - don't want him going above his head - I ask him a question and he answers it so quickly (and correctly!) His Reading is coming along OK too - though I want to make sure he knows all the letters and their sounds before we move on too far.
Dana is also doing really well with her reading. She loves her bible studies and can colour up a storm - I have a feeling she will be more into the artistic side of things rather than academic ... she struggles with Math (just as I used too) but this only makes me more certain that I made the right decision in deciding to home school - I can work at her pace - and if we only get through half a page - that's OK. She is a very visual reader - looking at the pictures before deciding what a sentence may say - I am putting her through the same program as the boys for reading and I have seen an improvement.
I have promised them baking tomorrow (WHY did I do that ?? !!) We are trying to fix up all the little renovations and organisations in the house atm so everything is hectic - we are starting school early and then everyone is pitching in to get things sorted, de-cluttered and organised. We went through all the kids books today and moved them from the boys room to the back room (play area) I felt with all the boys allergies that having books so close to their beds that Brady's allergies were being affected through the night. (and touch wood - so far tonight no 'snorting' has come from that room ! - he has allergic rhinitis) So I want to finish getting the junk out of their room and make it more dust free and allergy friendly .. again! Things have just gotten away from us a bit.
We want to have another garage sale .. but this means de-cluttering EVERY room to make sure it ALL goes and everything is left neat and tidy!
Another project ?? Les is trying to help me get my scrap space in order .. it is a table in the kitchen but I am going to put up some shelves and try to get something underneath the table for storing instead of the piles that currently over run the floor! Hard to be creative when you can't find all your things !!
Well I think I have brain dumped enough for tonight ... will keep you posted on the projects .. I would post up some before photos - but I would just DIE from embarrassment !!

0 comments: