Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Give Up !

Yes ! That's right ... back to school has well and truly started ... I have an ironing basket full of school uniforms to prove it! Darcy has his first day at Preschool on Wednesday and I am determined to make the next nine weeks they are at school my friend !
I have been sooo slack over the school holidays - the healthy eating plan went out the window as Santa came down the chimney and I can just FEEL that all the wonderful kilos I lost before Chrissy are sitting back on my butt among other places. And I feel like crap ... tired - mopey and no energy ... I have been eating too much dairy - it is definitely not my friend .. it slows me down and gives me awful pains ... that are almost scary - if I didn't know they disappear when I cut out the dairy stuff I would go and see a Dr. !
The Christmas season also saw my alcohol intake go up - and though I am by no means an alcoholic .. the daily 5pm sanity drink is going to stop as well ... and yes the weekend holds a few more sanity drinks!
I also need to start my walks again ... they clear my head and help me rid myself of the daily stresses ... I don't care if it is just 20 mins .. the runners are going back on too!
I have been spending less time on the PC ... and I have actually started attacking a large pile of Kaiser wooden albums that I 'had' to have and have never touched .... amazing .... if I am not on the PC I can actually do other things!!! Who'd have thought !! LOL
No project is actually finished yet though and I am actually trying to work on my cross stitch projects as well ... but if i am stitching or gluing instead of 'Bejeweling' - then that is a step in the right direction !
So this month I give up - they say it takes 28 days to create a habit .. making February perfect !!
I Give Up:
* Alcohol
*Crappy Food
*Not Walking
*Too much PC
I will let you know how I am going ... and hopefully have more finished projects to show off .... and a healthier me !!
Chat Soon xox

2 comments:

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

LOL Ness - I made the same deal with myself today too :D. xx

Toni said...

ONYA girl -- I have made the same decisions but I am hopeless at sticking to stuff. Let's support each other... GO NESS! WOO-HOO!!!!