Sunday, January 3, 2010

Goodbye Christmas 2009

The Tree is down and packed away and all the glitter of Christmas swept up for another year ... we have broken in the New Year and celebrated Bonnie-May's 6th Birthday. Now we are back to the same routines - or should be - I don't seem to be able to pull myself out of the Christmas "no need to be motivated" mode. Sure i am washing and tidying etc ... but the things I WANT to do ... the organising .. the clean outs .. even the scrapping ... just isn't happening ! I though I was going to get so much done in the holidays - but it feels like there isn't many days left before the kids are back at school - and i want them to enjoy the time that they have here at home ... Though I must say - the attitude they have brought home from school still hasn't left them like it normally does .. Grrrr I just want them to get on !

Do I have any resolutions for the year ??
Well yes I do .. I like to make enough so that I can tick off at least a couple by the end of the year and feel better !

1. Be nicer - I am an angry person ... my temper flares easily - esp with those I love .. this year I will calm down
2. Continue with the weight loss .. and maybe acheive goal weight by years end .. I feel better and am a nicer person when I am eating healthy - maybe #2 will lead to #1 ?? !!
3. finish organising the house and make the day to day running of the house a little easier
4. Be ready to go back to Uni in July
5. Spend more time helping my kids with their education
6. Spend less time at the PC .. dedicate more of my time to all of those craft projects that are yet to be finished
7. I would like to blog every week ... to keep check on myself and just have a record of our year.
8. Be happy with my lot in life .. spend more time loving what is around me instead of pining for what will never be.
9. Pray more .. use my Bible and my time with god to make myself a better person.
I think this covers just about everything ?? !!
I hope that everyone had a safe and happy Christmas and New Year and i look forward to 2010 being a year full of hope and happiness !
Chat soon xo

2 comments:

Monique said...

What a beautiful family photo, Ness!
You sure have made some amazing resolutions, there - but achievable, I wish you nothing but good luck in achieving them <3

Jane said...

Fantastic family photo Ness :) and best of luck in achieving all your goals for this year :) but I think No.7 has started falling behind already - LOL!!!!!! Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family.