Well there we go the weekly blog update thing has already fallen behind! LOL .. the holidays are keeping me so busy - I am even forgetting what day of the week it is !! Back to school is creeping up fast and I am trying to get some more organising in the house done so that i am ready for it !! I spent all of Sunday working on the cupboard in the hallway that used to be the Homeschooling cupboard ... and I haven't touched it since sending the kids back to REAL school last Feb !! So that got an overhaul and i dumped stuff they won't use any more and split up the shelves to accommodate for school this year - a place for homework/readers/library books etc and a box that has a lot of things we used in home school like a base ten set and fraction sets etc that i think they could still use with home work help. At the end of it all i have 3 shelves out of 8 that are schooly (the whole thing used to be used!) and I now have space for other things! thinking the bottom two shelves can be for their school shoes which always disappear underneath the beds and mixed up with all the other shoes! So happy with that progress!
Spent all of yesterday at the hospital with Declan .. he has an ear infection gone wild .. at one point I was told he would need a scan, IV fluids, blood tests etc etc .. and after 7 hours was sent home with high powered antibiotics and ear drops .. which I preferred but the 8 hours it took to come to that decision was a little annoying !!
On a scrappy note .. I actually got to do 3 pages on the weekend thanks to the Mystical Cyber crop! Felt so good to just get some pages done again .. and they were all older photos too which was a nice change to scrapping the recent stuff !
This page had to be about something Silly - it is me .. 15 years ago when i first cut my hair short (it had been long for 20 years!) so I being the idiot I am decided to experiment with the new do ! LOL
This was a blind scrap which i was a little scared to do - but loved the result .. and its a pic of my little Dana on her first day of preschool back in early 2004 .. she hasn't changed a bit - well just got taller but that's it !!
And this was the sketch challenge .. again I scrapped some old pics of Dana ... this was the day she was born in Nov 2000 - got to use my new Martha Stewart deep edge punch for this one .. love the effect !!








4 comments:
hey there! SO good to see you blog again, chickie, LOVE the do! and that new baby LO with the lacey punced border is really lovely.
Hope Decs' ear gets better soon, I still remember the pain of a massive infection I had 35 years ago!
Great to see you back in blogland, Ness :) So glad that you've been able to get some scrapping in! They are all lovely LO's. HOpe you can get back into your routine when the kids go back to school, so that we can see a bit more of you :)
Ness - your blog is looking awesome!! Gorgeous banner and background!!
Good on you for continuing your cleaning out spree - you've inspired me to get started!!!!
Hi Ness!
come join in the fun!!
I am sending you an invite to come join me on ARTastic challenge blog, and From Screen 2 Scrap. It would be great if you could join as a follower and get all the latest updates.
ARTastic = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
This is a challenge site where we take inspiration from the great artist with a little bit of added criteria
From Screen 2 Scrap = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/
This is a challenge site where we take inspiration from movie posters with a little added criteria.
In May ARTastic will be celebrating its 1st Birthday we have over $300 worth of prizes to give away, so I would love you to join in and have a chance of winning
Special Offer – If you join either or both sites and enter a layout for the challenge in April and/or May, you will receive an extra bonus point to go towards your voting tally at the end of the month.
Hope to see you soon!
Cheers
Shazza
Post a Comment