Monday, February 20, 2012

I've Always been Bored..

We took the kidlets to Parklea Markets on the weekend to spend some of their money on fun and exciting stuff (because there is always fun and exciting stuff to be found at the markets!)
Mr Didds decided on a Ukulele .. as he wants to learn to play like his cousin ... well he was belting out some awesome tunes from those 4 strings ... BUT we did need to keep 'tuning' it for him (because it didn't sound right to his musical ears.)
When I got busy with dinner Didds took the tuning into his own hands and TWANG .. snapped the string .. OH MY ... after promises of buying a new string he settled down and just held it lovingly instead.
Fast forward to the next afternoon ...
D -"Did you buy my guitar string Mumma?"
M -"Not yet Baby - you have to wait til pay day"
D -"Oh .. but I am so BORED not being able to play it."
M -"But Didds you have gone more than six years without one ... what did you do in the afternoons before you had it?"
D -"I have just ALWAYS been bored til now."
Ahhh baby - you can always make me smile :)

1 comments:

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

hahah, this ones a keeper lol