Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What I have been doing ...

Wow - what a week (last week that is!) We seemed to be on the go all week, no time to scrap and as the weekend loomed I was itching to catch up on all the pages I had been slack with ! Friday morning come and Les was getting up early to go fishing, he came and woke me up to ask me to check Brady's breathing .. it was short and sharp and looked like he just may stop at any minute. It was quite scary, Declan is an asthmatic BUT has always woken, crying out OR we can hear the wheeze from our bedroom. If Les didn't have to get up would it have got worse ??

Anyway - I picked him up and put the nebuliser on him and gave him some steroids but there was no change I could hear his lungs rattling just by putting my ear on his back! Les forgot his trip and whisked him to hosp. I ended up swapping places and spending a couple of nights there with him. He is still on 6 hourly meds but doing much better.

So Sunday night was the first time I got to even LOOK at my scrap stuff! Sunday night and Monday I did 5 pages and a card so BIG effort ! Here is what I was working on ...
This was for a challenge on a site I visit. We had to scrap something edible, used mixed font in the title and doodle...
This was the page for another Challenge ... it had to be about a male in your life and show handmade embellishments (I paper pieced the birdie and house!) I also added sewing (ribbon sewing of the flower) to qualify it for a Mystical 26 challenge...Another one gave us a Choice of quotes to use somewhere on our LO. I chose the 'Son' quote and put together this page (I also added a couple more criteria to this page to make it eligible for the Mystical 26 challenge over at Mystical - frame work and shaped edges)...

The next Challenge was a count down challenge - which I always struggle with! I panic as soon as I see count down LOL ... but it came together alright I think and got to scrap one of my favourite photos of my Grandad...

This page was my submission for the weekly challenge at a scrap site I visit ... use song lyrics, chipboard, brads and ribbon on a LO that had a photo of a thing, NOT a person or animal...

1 comments:

Maria said...

Hi ness,

I didn't see your DT challenge, that looks so gorgeous, what a great photo to scrap........
Hope BJ is doing alot better now....