Let me start by saying that I don't make new years resolutions anymore .. nor do I acknowledge the 1st of January as the beginning of the year. I'm sorry, but if I am making any changes for the 'new year' then I have failed by 12:01 .. generally I am somewhere eating or drinking something that is not good for me. And, yes .. most of my 'resolutions' involve eating healthy, drinking less moving more blah blah blah.
And then I have Pixie's birthday on the 2nd, and my sisters on the 5th. And now I have all school aged children, January is filled with movies and crap lunches and easy dinners, so by the time I get to Feb 1 I am thinking ... well now that I am 4 kilos heavier than what I was on Dec 31st I have stuffed up the whole New Years thing - and I am not even going to bother.
THIS year - my NEW Year is going to be February 1st.
Kids will be back at school and I can start a routine that will work for me.
And resolutions can kiss my butt. This year I am setting some goals.
This year I am going to...
1. Lose weight (yes there it is again - but this year I am not putting a number on it ... I want to feel healthier and less sluggish .. so I am NOT going to say how much I want to lose .. because I do NOT want to fail. I just want to lose and feel better.)
2. Swear Less. yes this is a biggie for me - some of you know this - some of you don't. I know when to hold my tongue - but my temper does get the better of me in some situations and I don't want to 'slip up' in front of the wrong people ....
3. Organise more. I had a great year last year for getting things in order .. I have a way to go but I am hoping to finish getting everything in a place.
4. Get a big chunk of TAFE done .. last year was very busy and my studies didn't go as planned. I would like to finish at least 6 subjects this year.
5. Read more. my goodness me - the lowly 'App' has taken me away from one of my great loves. I would like to read 12 books this year.
6. Go to Church. I love my church, I pray and read my Bible a lot. But I miss Church .. I feel better when I go. This year I will make time.
I think that's enough for now.
More than anything I am looking forward to shaking off last year ... too many things happened that just made it a crappy year ... We lost Les' sister mid year and my Grandmother on Christmas Day, Les was out of work due to another shoulder operation and Bean ended up leaving school in Term 4 due to excessive bullying. So we have had our share of stress and heartache and I am truly hoping that 2013 brings a lot more smiles than sadness.
So good luck to everyone with your resolutions and goals .. I hope to keep more on top of my blogging this year too ... everyone has a story to tell, and I do like telling mine :)
Chat Soon xox
Monday, January 14, 2013
Goals, I have Goals...
Posted by Ness at 4:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment