Man!! This would have to be at least the 5th time this year that my girls have come home with head lice !! AGH !! It is driving me batty!!
I have cut their hair to shoulder length but am now threatening a crew cut !!
I had a loooong talk with a very helpful woman at the chemist today and she said everything I was doing was the right thing (braiding, gel-ing, preventive spray-ing, even using a hair straightener to kill the eggs I miss !
So I am in the middle of de-lice-ing them ONCE again (with my very attractive shower cap on so they can't crawl into my hair while escaping theirs LOL.)
This wonderfully informative lady also told me to make my own preventative spray as the lice may be getting used to the one I buy ... so I loaded my arms with pure essential Orange and Rosemary oils to add along with tea tree oil to my own water spray ... apparently the aim is to make the head smell more like a plant than a head !!
Wish me luck - I am going absolutely BONKERS doing this every few weeks ! I had them completely banished in the school holidays so I KNOW its nothing I am doing ... I told Miss 8 .. STOP HUGGING PEOPLE !! haha
Anyway - I am off to comb, pick, wash, blow dry and hair straighten ...
You will not win this one you crawly buggers ! DON'T mess with Ness !!
Oh! Another tip this lady gave me was with clove oil ... mix with baby oil and put on your skirting boards and doorways ... cockroaches HATE it and won't enter !! LOVELY !
She said that this wonderful oil ALSO kills and prevents mould for all those mouldy spots in your house ! And to think I only ever used cloves when I boil up a corned beef :) You learn a new thing every day !
Well rant over - off to pick bugs!
Chat Soon xo
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
AGAIN !!
Posted by Ness at 10:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
I used one cup of water, 6 drops of lavendar oil and 6 drops of tea tree oil (must be high quality oils and not from cheap shop). Put in spray bottle and spray hair before styling. The only day I didn't use it in my kids hair they got nits.
Good luck with it :-)
xx
You poor thing Ness :(
No wonder you're upset - anyone would be! I hope you're able to get on top of the little nasties & that they'll be banished for good!
LOL I am the same - cloves for corned beef and thats it. Great tip will try it. And as for nits by DD has had them on and off since Dec 08 but never before then. Teacher this year hasn't even sent a note home to all students telling them to delice when DD tells her that she has them AGAIN!!! No wonder she keeps getting them
Wow Ness, if you do the bug swap with us, you will have some cool things to use on your page about this LOL!!!
Oh ick Ness - I feel your pain, it took WEEKS for me to rid DS of those horrible critters when he had them about a year ago - I ended up doing the "comb through conditioner" thing every TWO days - just to break the cycle!
Agggghhhhh!
It's also really frustrating, because you know where they are picking them up from, and you know it's 'cos some people aren't as dillegent when it comes to headlice as others - why they are happy for their children to trot around with them on their heads is beyond me!!!! Agggghhhh!
Arrrrrgh .... Ness, you must be ready to pull your hair out (no pun intended) .... i understand they are sooooo frustrating, like Niq said, moreso because other parents aren't diligent enought to treat their kids head and break the cycle. Blake has never had them "touch wood" !
Post a Comment